Beatrice of Burgundy,
lady of Bourbon, is the daughter of John of Burgundy and the wife of Robert de France – son of St. Louis. She launches the third House of Bourbon who acceded to the throne of Navarre and that of France in 1589 by Henry IV.
The East logis still houses the ceremonial room of the Bourbon Lords.
Louis de Bourbon inherits the Castle of La Condemine when his mother died.
The Bourbonnais land is raised to a Duchy
Aimon de Bonnebaud receives the Castle of la Condemine as a reward for escorting Marie de Bourbon to Cyprus for her wedding to Guy de Lusignan, son the King of Cyprus
Jean de Bonnebaud, raised at the court of Moulins with the good Duke Louis II, nicknamed de Bonnelance by Froissart, dies in Azyncourt.
His daughter Dauphine provides the castle La Condemine to Jean de Chauvigny, Lord of Blot. At his death, in 1437, the castle goes to his daughter Isabelle married to Pierre d’Urfé who becomes chamberlain of the Duke of Bourbon in 1441 et bailiff of Forez.
Shortly after their wedding, Isabelle and Pierre d’Urfé hand the castle of La Condemine over to the Duke of Bourbon in exchange of fiefdoms in Forez. Widowed, Isabelle renounces this exchange in 1444
The castle of La Condemine belongs to Jacques de la Brosse, Lord of Sazeret, captain of fifty King’s spears, then in 1569 it belongs to his brother Jean, Archbishop and Count of Vienne; finally to his son Jacques, noble by birth of the Duke of Alençon.
During the Fronde, les partisans of the Prince de Condé take the castle of la Condemine.
They surrender after an assault by the troops of Claude de La Guiche, Earl of Saint-Gérand, Lord of La Palice, Governor and sergeant of the Bourbonnais.
Purchased by Charlotte du Buysson, widow of Jean de Villaines, former president-treasurer of France in Moulins.
Their son dies childless.
The castle of la Condemine goes to his brother Philippe and then in 1707 to his niece Marie Jeanne de Villaines, widow of Lambert Héron, treasurer of France.
Remaining in joint tenancy between the daughters, the castle of La Condemine belongs to Nicolas de Revanger in 1767, their son and nephew stem from a long lineage of royal notaries. He keeps the castle of la Condemine until the Revolution.